Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Season

This life I have so dull and drawn
Alone I sit from dusk to dawn
Listening for footsteps noise in the dark
Anything someone even a dog's bark

Tree's letting go of its summer leaves
Tumbling crumbling to the ground with ease
Skies turning gray no storm in sight
What a dreary lonely start of night

The sun trying to stay but in vain
Oh! The night here it comes once again
Cold winds blowing a chill in the air
No one around to even care

Children running playing outside
Falling down while running to hide
Mother's with baby's born in the summer
Walking talking with newborns tucked under

I'll sit here and wait someone will come
If not someone for sure the sun
I'll close my eyes and try to dream
Seasons to come seasons between
Aaronette Wagner Leahy

No comments:

Post a Comment