Saturday, January 3, 2009











I Have An Illness


I have an illness you can't see
Sometimes it gets the better of me
Excuse me if at times I sound gruff
I probably am but life can be tough


It's not like a cold cough or sore throat
Can't be covered with a warm wooly coat
It can't be cured fixed or washed away
It's here with me till my dying day
It has introduced me to many things
Restless painful nights it runs free
This disease I have hides inside
Comes out to play loves making me cry

It's a proud disease that shows no emotion
Wreaking havoc day and night causing quite a commotion
I give it my all trying to push it away
But it insists on coming out to play


So if you think you can boss toss me around
This disease you don't see that has no bounds
Has applied for the job a long time ago
So step back think and take it slow



Aaronette Wagner Leahy

No comments:

Post a Comment