Wednesday, January 7, 2009











I Thank Thee Lord

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
To take our sins and cleanse our souls
This world so sinful out of control

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
To walk with us and feel our pain
This world so lost so insane

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
To give us love beyond our dreams
He crowned the mountains walked the streams

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
He suffered at the hands of man
Speaking the words of our Master's plan

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
Heart about to burst from being used
Beaten tortured blood flowing abused

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
A crown of thorns thrust in His head
Upon His soul ignorant soldiers tread

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
Sinful evil betrayal wicked beings
Cast Him out among the thieve's

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
His Mother's heart wrenching with pain
Watching her Son beaten and chained

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
Excruciatingly taking every step
As up to Calvary he had crept

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
Drenched in blood from crown to feet
The evil watching devouring his sheep

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
Atop the mountain no strength left
A cross he carried to meet his death

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
Clothing stripped body flung to the ground
His red robe each soldier tossing around

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
Lifted upon the cross arms open legs crossed
Hands feet with nails into them forced

I thank thee Lord for all you've done
For sending us your only Son
Forgive them Father they know not what they've done
Torturing flaying you're only begotten son

copywriter@2009
Aaronette Wagner Leahy

No comments:

Post a Comment